It has been Megane week this week!Friday 30th April 2010
This week has seen no less than 5 Megane RS models go through the workshop along with many other models. Work has varied from servicing to snapped cambelts as well as our increasingly popular in house, dyno set up custom remaps. Cars benefitting from our experience this week include:
- Clio 172 Cup for fire extinguisher installation and performance brake fluid.
- Megane R26 for 36k service.
- Clio 182 for cambelt and aux belt kit change, VVT pulley and engine mounts.
- Clio 172 Ph1 for cambelt kit change and 72k service along with supply and fit some replacment body panels.
- Megane R26 for 36k service (yes another red one).
- Clio 172 Ph1 Exclusive for new cylinder head following a snapped cambelt (all 16 vavles were bent!).
- Clio 172 Ph1 for new throttle body, induction kit and custom ecu remap.
- Clio R27 for custom ecu remap, Maxogen induction kit and MOT.
- Megane R26 for suspension set up.
- Megane R26 for 72k service.
- Clio 182 Trophy for service, matched lnlet manifolds, uprated engine mounts, panel filter and custom ecu remap.
- Megane 225 F1 for 36k service.
- Renault 5 GT Turbo for new steering column.
- Twingo GT for KTR exhaust system and ecu remap.
- Clio 172 Ph2 for high carbon front discs and pads with OE Renault rear discs with Ultimax pads.
- Clio 182 to fit customers exhaust and carry out oil change.
- Dax Rush V8 to change gearbox seal.
That just about finishes off this week in the workshop. Heres to a long weekend and some more good weather.
Saxperience Rolling Road Day Saturday 24th April 2010Tuesday 27th April 2010
Saxperience Forum Members enjoyed a Rolling Road session at our new facility here in Dorset. With a good selection of tuned and standard Citroen Saxo VTR's and VTS's on show the competition was fierce. Thanks to all the guys who came down and made it really good fun.
An ITB'd VTS topped the board at 140BHP with the other cars hot on it's heals, we get the feeling these guys will be back with secret mods the try and get one over on eachother next time!
To enquire about running a Rolling Road day at our facility, do give us a call like these guys did and we will be more than happy to accomodate you.
This week in the K-Tec Racing workshop.Friday 23rd April 2010
It has been yet another busy week in the workshop. Many of the cars through the doors this week have been on the dyno for tuning and mapping and we have had some nice results. Car in this week have included:
- Clio V6 Ph1 for cambelt, water pump and ecu remap.
- Clio 182 for Milltek exhaust, carbon tailpipe trims and new clutch.
- Clio 182 for KTR Ultraperformance exhaust and sports cat and custom Group N remap.
- Clio 172 for replacement head gasket.
- Clio 197 for ecu remap.
- Supercharged Clio for new clutch.
- R5 GT Turbo for new drive shaft and wheel bearing.
- Clio 172 Cup for vented carbon bonnet and V-Maxx coilovers.
- Clio 1.8 16v for custom Omex ecu set up.
- Our Twingo GT for remap development.
- BMW race car for power testing.
- Clio Williams Turbo engine for forged rebuild.
Again we have had a few other cars in for routine servicing and MOTs but it is the dyno that is getting most work at present with new map developements.
Another busy week.Friday 16th April 2010
Its been another busy week in the workshop with another wide range of cars booked in. This week has seen the following cars worked on:
- Clio V6 255 for cambelt, water pump, aux belt, KTR alloy top mounts and air conditioning investigation.
- Clio 172 Cup for KTR Supercharger kit along with KTR GEN90 ecu and rolling road set up.
- Clio 2 1.6 16v in for Clio 182 full engine/gearbox transplant along with KTR coilover and brake upgrade.
- Clio V6 Mk1 for MOT and lower rear ball joint.
- V8 Tiger kit car in for gearbox oil leak (this thing is loud!)
- Clio 182 for KTR Fast road front brake kit and new rear shocks.
- Clio 182 for cambelt/aux belt and water pump.
- Renault Scenic for cambelt/aux belt and new drive shaft.
- Clio 182 for cambelt/aux belt, KTR Fast road front brake kit and KTR/JS cat back stainless steel exhaust system.
It looks like next week is going to be just as busy, and thats without taking the mail order parts into account!
Race engines Galore!Monday 12th April 2010
It's gone mad with requests for race engines this month.
We are currently building an engine for a competitor in the British Rally series. The aim was to get a competitive engine in N/A spec that could handle being driven hard. Unfortunately the old engine dropped a valve so we have now started using Nimonic valves specially made for us that are substantially stronger and better made than the standard items.
This engine should produce about 240bhp on our KTR Throttle body kit (highly modified internals of course) details to follow.
A few days later a second engine was dropped off by the same customer for a similar job! Adding to that one of our race teams in Dubai is having a race bottom end built to ship off for a race next week.... hopefully if they win there will be more!
All these engines are a similar spec...
- Forged High compression pistons
- Steel Con Rods
- Race Balanced Cams of various guises
- Some with Nimonic Valves Block detailing work
- the list does go on!
Pics and more details to followPage: < 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 > Read more news...