Workshop update.Friday 18th June 2010
This is a slightly overdue update as to what has been going on in our workshop recently. We have continued to have a wide variety of cars through the doors, many of which have been benefitting from our custom, dyno tuned remaps.
Please see the list below for the highlights of the last few weeks in the K-Tec Racing workshop.
- Clio 182 for KTR DTH throttle body kit (this car gained 40bhp!)
- Megane R26 for KTR brake upgrade, this car has done nearly 40,000 miles with the stage 2 remap and is still going strong.
- The start of a full engine build and throttle body and ecu installation on a Clio 1.8 16v.
- Megane 250 in for our KTR cat back exhaust.
- Clio 200 for our KTR 200 exhaust and decat pipe.
- Megane R26.R in for our KTR 330mm big brake upgrade.
- Megane R26.R in for KTR intercooler, decat, 3" exhaust system, panal filter and stage 2 remap.
- Clio 172 in for cam timing correction, matched inlets and remap, 20.1bhp was gained.
- Clio 182 in for custom remap. This car gained 7.3bhp on top of the "other" remap that was already installed on the ecu.
If there is one thing we have noticed it is that you cannot beat custom mapping on a dyno. We have seen many cars recently that have "other" tuning companies maps on them and they always under perform, and we are always able to get more power and torque as well as a better fuelling set up. In many cases the person installing these "other" maps is not doing the map themselves, instead they are having another company carry out the map by email and then loading it onto the ecu for the customer. This is "hit and miss tuning" and in most cases does nothing more than put more fuel into the engine, in most cases losing power. The maps we are installing are tried and tested and developed in house on our demo cars and rolling road, giving you peace of mind in the knowledge your car has been tuned correctly. We will even give you a print out showing the gains we have been able to make.
If you would like to take advantage of our in house custom tuning please contact us using the details on the Contact Us page and we will be happy to run through the options with you.
The k-Tec Racing Team.
New RenaultSport Clio 200 & Megane 3 RS 250 exhaust systems now in stock.Friday 18th June 2010
Following extensive testing and development we are please to announce we now have our KTR Clio 3 RS 200 and Megane 3 RS 250 exhaust systems available. Both are available as full stainless steel cat back exhaust systems and have been designed to give the car a much needed sports sounding exhaust note as well as liberatting a few more bhp.
Further details can be seen in the relavant sections on the site.
Some more recent workshop visitors.Tuesday 25th May 2010
Over the last couple of weeks we have seen the usual variety of Renault models though the workshop. One thing we have noticed is now that the GEN90 ECU is in stock we are getting more cars in for throttle body conversions, as well as other tuned cars having the GEN90 fitted and mapped in order to get the very best out of the modified parts already fitted.
Some of the cars we have seen recently have included:
- Clio 197 for routine servicing.
- Clio 172 for KTR 182 look exhaust system with carbon tailpipe trims.
- Clio 172 for KTR/Wilwood front brake kit, matched inlet manifolds, GEN90 ECU and mapping (gains of 20bhp and 26lbs/ft of torque from this set up).
- Clio 172 for cam timing check.
- Megane R26 for KTR carbon rear spoiler.
- Megane R26 for routine service.
- Clio V6 for routine servicing.
- Another Clio 182 for cam timing and wheel bearing.
- Clio 182 for cambelt change, service and induction kit.
- Clio 182 for cambelt and aux belt change.
- Clio 197 for ITG Maxogen kit.
- Porsche 997 Turbo for full exhaust system.
Although we are a Renault tuning company I would have to say the Porsche 997 Turbo wins "car of the week".
Twingo tuning.Tuesday 11th May 2010
This week has seen us finish off some development on our Twingo remapping.
First we finished our remap on our Twingo GT. The little 1.2 16v turbo engine is rated at 100bhp from the factory. With the addition our our KTR cat back exhaust system, panel filter and remap our GT is now producing 130bhp. You can see the gains we have achieved on the attached graph and please note the base figure of 116bhp was taken when the car had our exhaust and air filter fitted.
We then moved onto the Twinog RS. Being a normally aspirated engine we did not expact to be able extract much more power out of the 1.6 16v engine but once we started remapping the standard ecu we could see there was some room for improvement. Peak power gains of 11bhp and 9lbs/ft of torque have been achieved with gains of 13bhp and 12lbs/ft achieved within the high rev range. This is a result we are very pleased with and now expect plenty of RS owners to be queing up out side the dyno!
A varied week this week.Friday 7th May 2010
Although this was only a 4 day week the guys in the workshop have still been kept busy with a wide variety of cars to work on. One notable car was a low boost turbo 172 we had in for our new GEN90 ecu. This was dyno tested at 211bhp whilst running the turbo kit on the standard ecu. Half an hour later we had installed the GEN90 ecu along with our low boost turbo map and we gained 22bhp along with another 20lbs/ft of torque. this was a superb result and the customer has since reported how much better his car now drives with the new ecu fitted. Our new GEN90 ecu really is set to be THE ecu to fit to your tuned Renault.
Other work this week included:
- Clio R27 for remap
- Clio 172 turbo for GEN90 ecu installation
- Clio 172 Cup for KTR Supercharger kit and GEN90 ecu (yes another one!)
- VW T5 Transporter for new wheels and remap
- Clio 182 Trophy for Gaz suspension kit
- Peugeot 205 1.9 8v turbo for Omex ecu mapping
- Clio 197 for KTR Pro Performance exhaust system
- Clio 197 for KTR Pro Performance exhaust system, sports cat and remap
- Peugeot 205 MI16 Rally car for ecu mapping
- Clio 1.2 16v for lowering springs
- Clio 172 to start rear engine turbo installation
- Clio 182 for KTR Sports cat and new lambda sensor
- Clio Williams for cambelt change
- Clio Williams for rolling road test and tune
- BMW 120d for ecu remap (this gained over 40bhp!)
- Various cars for routing servicing and MOTs.
So another varied week with just as much planned for next week.
The K-Tec Racing Team.Page: < 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 > Read more news...